There are many ways to recruit an apprentice, here are some of our recommended steps.
· Be a host Employer for Aussie Painters Network CSQ Trade Ready program, host a participant for 3 weeks, then if they are a fit for your business, employ them as an Apprentice. Click here for more information.
· Local High Schools – talk to the Career Advisors about
o Students who want to leave in years 11 or 12, if currently completing VET or trade based subjects, if looking for a full time apprentice, or seeing if anyone is looking for a school based apprenticeship
o Participants in Tasters or Step out Programs that are showing any interest.
o Consider offering work experience, developing a relationship with the school.
· Nothing beats Word of Mouth! Ask around.
· Pre-Apprenticeship Courses are regularly run by TAFE and RTO’s, see who is running the course and ask if there are any potentials.
· Keep registered with TAFE and RTO’s, they may know of 1 or 2 that have separated from the boss and looking to continue on with someone new.
· Employment Agencies, us included
· Advertise, Facebook is one of the best places. Look for pages that you can put the question out on. Amazing how many could be looking.
· Contact us! We have a large employer and apprentice data base, we can assist with the screening and help deliver the perfect candidate.